Tuesday 10 September 2013

Michael Todd True Organics





   
Now, I know you've heard of this brand before, if you follow the beauty community. Nearly every beauty guru I watch on youtube has done a video on these, or at least mentioned them. I know the majority of gurus have been sponsored, but when I saw these on ozsale for a unbelievable discounted price, I knew I had to try them to see if the hype about them is justified. Also, I hadn't spent money that day and I was looking for an excuse.



I ordered quite a few things - I compared the prices to their retail cost, and decided I probably wasn't going to be able to get them this cheap at any other time. And, I didn't want to only choose one product in case I hated that particular one and therefore gave Michael Todd a bad review, as their other products may be more suited.


Michael Todd Website: $36.00
Ozsale: $25.00

Skin Defender - Creme Facial Cleanser: Honestly, this was probably a bad product to start off with, because I didn't like it. At all. There's nothing actually wrong with it, it just wasn't anything special. In fact, I prefer my cheap Clean & Clear Morning Burst cleanser that I bought from Kmart. I think it's the fact that I like to actually feel cleansers do something. For example, my Clean & Clear cleanser is a foaming one so I really feel like I'm scrubbing it in. The Michael Todd cleanser is more like a moisturizer that you have to wash off. I wouldn't ever purchase this again!

Cranberry Antiox Hydrating Anti-Aging Toner: This is a hard one for me to judge, because I've never actually used a toner before. I did enjoy putting it on, but I don't know if it's the actual toner I liked, or just the placebo effect. I didn't really notice a difference with my skin using it and not using it, so I probably wouldn't purchase this again unless it came in a pack with other items I wanted.

Citrus Cream Moisturizer: I didn't mind this. What can I say? It did the job, but didn't blow me away or exceed my expectations. Will I keep using it? Until it's empty. Would I purchase it again? Nope.

Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub: I rather enjoyed this. I liked the smell, it was tangy and fruity and was a nice start to my day. It wasn't too rough, but you could feel the kick of it actually doing something, which I love. I will be quite sad when this tube is empty... hopefully there's another sale soon!

Pearl and Silk Facial Mask: I actually forgot to try this until recently - it's so pretty! It comes out as a sheer, sparkly gel, and stays like that on your face until you wash it off. The only problem for me was having a little bit of difficulty removing it all! I don't think I would purchase this for myself, but I would be pretty pleased if somebody bought it for me as a gift! At least, I wouldn't regift it.

Michael Todd Website: $150.00
Ozsale: $40.00

I'll be honest. The only reason I bought this was because of the price difference. (I mean, $110 cheaper?! That's insane.) But it was a waste. I didn't like this at all. The consistency was quite runny, it didn't seem to absorb into my skin very well, and I could feel it on the surface. A few times, I actually got so frustrated with it I went back into my bathroom and washed it all off. Maybe it's because my skin doesn't really need a "lift", or maybe it's just not well suited. I don't know what it is, but I really did not enjoy this. I wouldn't purchase it again, and I'll be giving this one away to a family member who might enjoy it.


Michael Todd website: $38.00
Ozsale: $19.00

This may be a bit of a cheeky review, considering it's the first eye cream I've used and have nothing to compare it to, but I loved this. I can actually feel and see the difference, and I'm so happy to put this on every morning. I would definitely, definitely purchase this one again! Even for the original cost ;)

Michael Todd website: $37.00
Ozsale: $20.00

I'm on the fence about this one. It wasn't bad, it worked quite well, but I can't help but compare it to my beloved Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum which is infinitely better. I tried this one a few times just to be sure, but my skin just did not feel as lovely as it does after using my Advanced Night Repair. So, I wouldn't purchase this again, but I would recommend it for anybody who was after a serum for dry skin but couldn't afford/justify the Estee Lauder one!
Avocado & Mango Mask
Rose Petal Mask (Can't find on website currently.)
Michael Todd website: $34.00 each
Ozsale: $19.00 each

These were both quite decent, but I adored the Rose Petal mask. I'm actually kind of freaking out about not being able to find it on the website - what if I need to purchase it again?! The Avocado & Mango mask will not cut it!
That being said, I did like the A&M one, just not as much. Also, I thought the A&M mask was more harsh on my skin than the Rose Petal, even though A&M is meant to be for sensitive skin, and Rose Petal isn't. My skin feels so, so nice after using either of these however, I really enjoy them - even though the Avocado & Mango mask makes my skin a nasty yellow while it's on... like a Simpson! I would purchase both of these again, but the Rose Petal Mask especially.



That's it for now, I hope you enjoyed reading this very honest review on a product that's usually sponsored - and I hope it helped make your mind up about any products you were curious about trying!

-V&c


















No comments:

Post a Comment